mmmmmm
I've put Scones and Crones on haitus for a bit, so click here: http://studioatlillehus.blogspot.com
and I'll see you on my other blog, okay?

See you there! And let me know if you visit, okay?


25.6.08

Perfect days:

1. I was all set to paint a room, but the garden called after I lingered over coffee on my terrace with the roses and birds. The next thing I knew it was time for dinner. I preheated the oven while I washed off the evidence of planting 10 azaleas, two butterfly bushes, and deadheading perennials in a tepid shower turned SPA with a shower puff filled with my all-time favorite Original Spring Green by Vitabath. Squeaky clean, I returned to the kitchen to pop a Five Cheese frozen pizza in the oven. Five minutes before it was done, I topped it with diced tomatoes and pecorino romano cheese and put it back in. When it came out, I sprinkled it with a handful of chopped fresh basil from the garden and declared it finito! Two slices, a white wine spritzer...aaah!. Jon Stewart and the Colbert shows on DVR and then to bed in my incredibly comfy Sleep Number bed beside the world's most kind and generous man...

2. Taking Jakie to puppy daycare and then stopping to surprise two dear friends as they start their day throwing in Dickinson's ceramic studio - and having them happy to see me! Getting to the room I ignored the day before - with the walls I had washed after scraping dustbunnies over the weekend. Embracing the Zen of Painting with the perfect shade of green; a whisper of lushness that is Laura Ashley's Pale Apple Green I by Valspar. What a joy to be wrapped in color I love. Dinner with the perfect man and the perfect chili (if I do say so myself!) and off to bed early.

So many Perfect Days lie ahead. And Dean assures me that spending time this way doesn't get old. How could it???

I am a happy girl!

1 comment:

James Freund said...

Hi!

I work for Select Comfort in their customer service call center, and came upon your blog as a result of you mentioning the Sleep Number bed. Thanks for the plug!

We really love to hear from our bed owners, and even have a place on our website where they can share their stories, we call it "share the love". If you'd like to add a comment, it's at http://www.beds.com/greatsleep/shareTheLove


Nice Haiku btw, I write them sometimes. I don't color within the lines when it comes to Haiku however: mine are almost never about nature.

Here's a book-ender on the topic of time and perception:

time moves slower now
than on the last day of school
watch the second hand


time moves faster now
than on summer vacation
blink and ten years pass

If you ever have a question about your bed, please give us a call at 1-800-472-9185 or send an e-mail to customerservice@selectcomfort.com.

James Freund
Select Comfort
I'm a 45!