mmmmmm
I've put Scones and Crones on haitus for a bit, so click here: http://studioatlillehus.blogspot.com
and I'll see you on my other blog, okay?

See you there! And let me know if you visit, okay?


14.3.08

Until the other night I was like most people who, listening to Cole Porter's I've Got You Under My Skin, marvel at how wonderful a love song it is. And it is that. But it's so much more to me now!

The other night I was dancing to it in my dream. Laughing and dancing with Dean in the midst of a crowded mall, celebrating the freedom I'll soon have. The dream came the night I turned in my resignation letter and I went to sleep full of gratefulness that I will be able to stop working for others soon and just be for a while.

I woke up singing the song and feeling wonderfully refreshed and happy. I tapped and whirled my way to breakfast and then to work. Garnered some mighty strange looks in the process...

In Gestalt dreamwork, you are every part of your dream, and it intrigues me to consider the meaning of my dreams in this light. Rather than dancing with Dean (which I loved!) I could have been dancing with myself. I could have been acknowledging the integration I know is finally being realized inside/outside of me. It could have been me that finally had the gumption to talk back to the "warning voice that comes in the night and repeats, repeats in my ear". It could have been...

I've got you under my skin
I've got you deep in the heart of me
So deep in my heart, that you're really a part of me
I've got you under my skin

I've tried so not to give in
I've said to myself this affair never will go so well
But why should I try to resist, when baby will I know than well
That I've got you under my skin

I'd sacrifice anything come what might
For the sake of having you near
In spite of a warning voice that comes in the night
And repeats, repeats in my ear

Don't you know you fool, you never can win
Use your mentality, wake up to reality
But each time I do, just the thought of you
Makes me stop before I begin
cause I've got you under my skin


The thing is, I know it was! I feel it to my core. The dream was my dance of liberation and the song is my new anthem! Come dance with me!


So...be gone ye voices that think me a fool and deny my spirit and my joy! I've got me under my skin and it feels glorious!

No comments: