mmmmmm
I've put Scones and Crones on haitus for a bit, so click here: http://studioatlillehus.blogspot.com
and I'll see you on my other blog, okay?

See you there! And let me know if you visit, okay?


6.4.07

Composure...

I had wanted to go to bed early last night, but found myself watching "A Wayfarer's Journey; Listening to Mahler" - a PBS documentary about composer Gustave Mahler and how he used his music to heal. Periodically in the documentary, portions of Mahler's writings were read by actor Richard Dreyfus. These words rang true for me:

"One doesn't compose; one is being composed."

And so it is when I work. I enter a work in chaos. I listen. I do - and in doing and listening I find the answer; the composition waiting to be revealed. A simple process, but rich in the peace it brings to my harried soul. The healing grace of quiet composure...

No comments: