mmmmmm
I've put Scones and Crones on haitus for a bit, so click here: http://studioatlillehus.blogspot.com
and I'll see you on my other blog, okay?

See you there! And let me know if you visit, okay?


6.1.09

Equating the physical body with "I," the body that is destined to grow old, wither, and die, always leads to suffering. To refrain from identifying with the body doesn't mean that you no longer care for it. If it is strong, beautiful, or vigorous, you can appreciate those attributes—while they last. You can also improve the body's condition through nutrition and exercise. If you don't equate the body with who you are, when beauty fades, vigor diminishes, or the body becomes incapacitated, this will not affect your sense of worth or identity in any way. In fact, as the body begins to weaken, the light of consciousness can shine more easily.
- from Oneness with All Life by Eckhart Tolle

My little light seems to be shining more, so I guess it's pretty obvious I'm getting weaker. But I'm gonna try putting on the lotion anyway...I mean, what the hell. I might as well be kind to "it" even if "it" isn't "me". (Confused yet??? Me, too.)

No comments: