mmmmmm
I've put Scones and Crones on haitus for a bit, so click here: http://studioatlillehus.blogspot.com
and I'll see you on my other blog, okay?

See you there! And let me know if you visit, okay?


6.2.07

Go figure...

"You're kidding!" he said. "How could that be? I'm a janitor and you're an administrative professional...and I get paid more than you?"

"Yep. Yep, you do. Apparently you do."

He walked away, shaking his head and saying, "Go figure."

So that's exactly what she tried to do while she tossed and turned for three hours instead of falling asleep. She finally concluded it was impossible (both the figuring and the sleeping) so she got up, made hot chocolate, and composed some trite sentiments to post on her blog.

She did feel grateful that, after their conversation, he seemed to feel better about how much he was paid. He was a loyal employee and hard worker - he deserved every penny and more.

Somewhere deep inside, though, she felt that maybe, just maybe, she deserved more, too.

Go figure.

No comments: