mmmmmm
I've put Scones and Crones on haitus for a bit, so click here: http://studioatlillehus.blogspot.com
and I'll see you on my other blog, okay?

See you there! And let me know if you visit, okay?


17.2.07

Can you hear me now?

It was a festive occasion and she had looked forward to the celebratory dinner with friends all afternoon. It was all that she had hoped for; good friends, good food, good conversation.

But later, as she sat in her living room reflecting on the evening, she wondered if the others had felt the same way - at least about the conversation.

It hurt her to realize that, exuberant with merriment, she had totally lost touch with her intention to listen closely to the people she was with, to ask them questions, and learn more about them. She wondered how and why her intention was so easily lost, and she cringed at the memory of her incessant chattering.

She groaned...

And leaned into the embrace of silence enfolding her.

No comments: