mmmmmm
I've put Scones and Crones on haitus for a bit, so click here: http://studioatlillehus.blogspot.com
and I'll see you on my other blog, okay?

See you there! And let me know if you visit, okay?


11.9.07

From a tree hugger...

Fall is on it's way!

There are two massive maple trees that stand sentinel in the front yards of two equally massive (and grand) old victorian homes (one is a bed and breakfast) on W. Main Street in Mechanicsburg, PA. I've noticed, over the past 10 years, that they are the harbingers of fall; their leaves the first to turn scarlet as summer wanes.

As I drove by the other day I noticed their transformation has begun; their leaves newly flushed with change.

Soon all the trees in our area will follow suit, and I'll take my annual Tour of the Trees to see my favorites - each year seems more spectacular than the last.

I hope, as I enter the fall of my life, to follow the example of the maple trees; allowing the full rich green of summer to turn gracefully into a vibrant, glowing fall.

Okay, okay, so maybe that's a wee bit dramatic. Feel free to join hands and start singing "The Circle of Life".

But you get what I'm saying, right?

Good.

No comments: